Thursday, February 28, 2013

I am not wasting my time



Lately I have had many people ask me why I waste my time talking about something I do not believe in. For example, why don't I write blogs ranting about unicorns?

A fair, but incredibly stupid, question. If there were people who built a political system and view around the believed existence of unicorns, if people were trying to teach about unicorns in school, if people certifying themselves as unicorn experts were trying to expose young minds to believe, if unicorn experts were traveling the world and telling citizens of developing countries lies to promote their agenda, such as condoms are not effective, or promoting unicorn creationism.....

If unicorns occupied any ONE of the many aspects of society that religion does, then yes, I do believe unicorns would be on my mind. As it stands, organized religion is the most effective at corrupting good and honest people into committing horrendous acts, and yet believe they are doing good. This fact I am reminded of daily.

I can not open the newspaper, or watch the news without seeing another theocratic encroachment on free society... So I am not wasting my time, because with so many of the debates and issues raging on in the world today, so few of them do not stem from the problem of religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment